Return To Blog
Winter Driving Tips from Hampden Auto Body - Your Denver Auto Body Specialist
Winter in Denver and Colorado is now upon us and when you're on the road this 2012-13 season, be sure to follow some of these tips from Hampden Auto Body - Your trusted Denver Auto Body Repair Shop when driving on icy and snowy roads:
- Decrease your speed and leave plenty of room to stop.
- Allow more space than usual between you and the car you are following.
- Brake gently to avoid skidding while stopping. If your brakes lock, ease off of your brakes.
- Keep your lights on and windshield clean.
- Use low gears if you have them, especially when driving on hills.
- Do not use Overdrive or cruise control.
- Be careful on bridges and overpasses, as they freeze first.
- Do not pass snow plows or sanding trucks, as they have limited visibility.
And lastly, don't assume your vehicle can handle all road conditions. Even four-wheel drive vehicles can encounter trouble on winter roads.
Stay safe on the road this winter season and give Hampden Auto Body a call for all of your Denver Auto Body Repair needs.